Land Estate Planning
Family cottage and land estate planning are important when transferring the family cabin or recreational land to the next generation. Owners of a family cottage, cabin, hunting land, or vacation home need to consider a Cottage Trust or Family Limited Liability Company to address the various issues:
- Our children & grandchildren are all different
- Multiple owners = disagreements
- Use(s) of the cottage/ land
- Payment of taxes & expenses
- Upkeep of the cottage/land
- A family member does not want to inherit part of the cottage/land?
- Creditor issues
- Divorce issues
- A family member wants to sell the cottage I land
- Funding – setting aside money to assist the family to pay for the cottage/land
We also offer seminars on Elder Law and Estate Planning. Check our events page for upcoming seminars that are usually held in the Top of Troy Building.